The University of Manchester is inviting applications from suitably qualified international students for the UK Government GREAT Scholarships 2023 open to international students with outstanding records in academics who wish to enrol in degree program at the University.
The scholarship, jointly funded by The University of Manchester with the UK government’s GREAT Britain campaign and the British Council, offers up to £10,000 towards tuition fees for one-year master’s programmes in specific subject areas to students from India and Nigeria, who will enrol in the 2023/24 academic year.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): UK Government/University of Manchester, UK
Host Institution(s): University of Manchester
Scholarship Worth: $10,000
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Masters
Nationality: International Student
GREAT scholarships are jointly funded by The University of Manchester with the UK government’s GREAT Britain campaign and the British Council. The scholarship is available for any master’s in the School of Natural Sciences or School of Engineering, School of Law and School of Arts, Languages and Cultures.
To be eligible for UK Government GREAT Scholarships for International Students, applicants are expected to meet the following conditions:
- Scholarships can only be awarded to offer holders who are passport holders of
Bangladesh, Kenya, Mexico, Nigeria, Pakistan, Thailand and Turkey;
- If a course/programme lasts longer than one year, the scholarships will be offered
for the first year of study only;
- Scholarships will be offered at postgraduate taught (Master’s) level only;
- Scholarships will be offered for the study of full-time, on-campus postgraduate taught (MA, MSc) programmes only;
- Scholarships can only be awarded to applicants who are classified by the University
as an international tuition fee payer;
- As a condition of the award of a scholarship, recipients are required to take part in
student ambassador and/or mentoring schemes;
How-to-Apply: To be considered for the Award of British Council GREAT Scholarship in partnership with The University of Manchester, You must complete a GREAT scholarship application form before deadline. This will be emailed to all relevant offer-holders by the International Office.
Successful applicants will be notified by 16 June 2023. Explore the relevant country profiles for further guidance with regards to scholarship opportunities for your country.
Application Deadline: June 01, 2023