Do you have a powerful story to share about your vision for a thriving Africa where landscapes are healthy, communities prosper, and justice prevails? The Global Landscapes Forum (GLF) and the Youth in Landscapes Initiative (YIL) are hosting a storytelling contest for young Africans to unleash their creativity and share their visions for thriving landscapes across the continent.
- Your story should revolve around the key themes of a thriving Africa, including but not limited to:
- Food sovereignty, thriving food systems, biodiverse landscapes, land tenure, ecosystem restoration, gender, climate justice, Indigenous rights, community-led action, youth leadership and sustainable finance.
- They encourage you to explore the interplay between healthy landscapes and vibrant communities, the pursuit of justice and equity, and pathways to prosperity for all Africans. Share your ideas, hopes, and dreams for a future that embraces community, collaboration, inclusivity and resilience.
- The top 10 to 15 entries will be featured on GLF’s website and social media channels, as well as during GLF Nairobi 2023, reaching thousands of people gathered in person and online to forge a brighter future for the world’s landscapes.
- Apart from the incredible opportunity to showcase your talent and share your vision with a global audience, the three best stories will receive prizes of EUR 500, 300 and 200 respectively.
- The contest is open to anyone between the ages of 18 and 35 born and/or currently living in Africa or part of the African diaspora.
- They would like to encourage folks from underrepresented groups across Africa to submit their story and vision.
- All entries will be reviewed by a panel including the YIL Steering Committee and the GLF team.
- They will acknowledge all submissions but only contact selected candidates. The panel’s decision will be final and not subject to appeal.
- YIL and GLF reserve the right not to select a winner if no entries that they deem suitable are received.
- YIL and GLF reserve the right to use, edit or modify the final version of submissions to be presented at GLF Nairobi 2023.
For more information, visit Global Landscapes Forum (GLF).