The Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) Youth Forum will take place from 16 to 18 April 2024 at the United Nations headquarters in New York.
The Forum provides a global platform for dialogue among Member States and young leaders from around the world on solutions to challenges affecting youth wellbeing. It also serves as a unique space for young people to share their vision and actions as well as provide an opportunity to advance youth solutions to accelerate the implementation of the 2030 Agenda and the SDGs.
The 2024 Forum’s discussions will be guided by the overall theme of the 2024 ECOSOC and HLPF on “Reinforcing the 2030 Agenda and eradicating poverty in times of multiple crises: the effective delivery of sustainable, resilient and innovative solutions”.
The discussions will take place around the SDGs under review at the 2024 HLPF, namely, no poverty (SDG 1), zero hunger (SDG 2), climate action (SDG 13), peace, justice and strong institutions (SDG 16), and partnerships for the goals (SDG 17).
The Youth Forum will also gather young people to share their recommendations and innovative ideas in preparation of the Summit of the Future, to be held under the auspices of the General Assembly, in September 2024.
- The 2024 ECOSOC Youth Forum is convened by the President of ECOSOC and co-organized by the Department of Economic and Social Affairs (DESA) and the UN Youth Office, in collaboration with the United Nations Inter Agency Network on Youth Development (IANYD), the Major Group for Children and Youth (MGCY) and the International Coordination Meeting of Youth Organizations (ICMYO), with technical input from youth organizations relevant to the theme of the forum.
- Youth leaders from around the world will have the opportunity to engage with government representatives, youth delegates, policymakers and other relevant stakeholders in civil society and the private sector.
- The three-day event will feature plenary sessions, interactive thematic and regionally-based discussions, and provide an opportunity for a rich exchange of views and ideas on innovative solutions to issues of relevance to young people on the implementation of the 2030 Agenda. It will also advance ideas on the implementation of the sustainable development goals under review in the Economic and Social Council and the High-level Political Forum in 2024. Young people will have the opportunity to contribute to the intergovernmental consultations on the Summit of the Future during the one-day discussions on this process on 18 April 2024.
Side events will take place from 16 to 18 April 2024 (guidelines will be forthcoming).
- Concept Note (Coming soon)
- Draft Programme (Coming soon)
For More Information