SystemSpecs Children’s Day Essay Competition (CDEC) is here again and promises to be great! This competition is not your usual essay contest – it is a chance for all primary and secondary school students in Nigeria between ages 9-16 to showcase their innovative ideas for solving national problems using technology.
The SystemSpecs Annual Essay Competition (CDEC) was inaugurated in 2020 to express our CSR commitment to facilitate capacity development for the ICT industry in Nigeria. Through CDEC we are stimulating the minds of young Nigerians to address everyday problems.
Topic: Protecting the Nigerian Child from the Dangers of Online Technology
There’s almost no limit to what you can do online! You can access unprecedented amounts of information and connect with millions of people across the globe and much more.
- Primary and secondary children schooling in Nigeria ages 9 years and not older than 16 years.
- The Junior category (ages 9 to 12) submits a maximum of 1,000 words, while the Senior category (ages 13 to 16) submits a maximum of 1,500 words.
Winners of the essay competition will receive exciting prizes, including a high-capacity laptop, top-notch headphones, a portable laptop stand, a smart wristwatch, internet data for one year, and more.
How to Apply?
- Your essay must be in English.
- You are only allowed to submit one entry per participant.
- Your submission must be your original thoughts; plagiarism will not be tolerated!
- An accredited school official or parent or legal guardian must endorse your entry.