The Fred Morgan Kirby Prize for Scaling Social Impact (F. M. Kirby Impact Prize) is an annual global prize of $100,000 USD in unrestricted funds that amplifies and accelerates the work of enterprises working to scale their impact on social or environmental problems around the world.
The F. M. Kirby Impact Prize is open to all impact enterprises (nonprofit, for-profit, or hybrid), working anywhere in the world, that have the following:
- Strong evidence of impact over at least 3 years and a thoughtful plan for how to use the prize to scale that impact in the next 3-5 years.
- Minimum operating budget of at least $250,000 (USD). The strongest applicants will likely have an annual operating budget between $1-3 million (USD).
- Robust, formal non-discrimination policy that protects against discrimination on the basis of marginalized identities. Marginalized identities may include, but are not limited to race, ethnicity, religion, caste, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, and disability.
- Because of tax implications, any international enterprise applicant must also have an established presence in the U.S., whereby they are a United States Taxpayer and hold a federal taxpayer identification number. This could include organization recognized as an organization exempt from federal income tax under IRC section 501(c)3 status, a U.S.-based fiscal sponsorship agreement, or other.
- Exemplary leadership that aligns with the core values of Fred Morgan Kirby, including integrity, resourcefulness, resilience, meaningful collaboration, and diversity.
How to Apply
- Complete our eligibility questionnaire.
- APPLY HERE. This is the site where you will be able to complete your application once it opens.
- Submit any questions you have about the application process to the CASE team. Review answers to Frequently Asked Questions as they are submitted.
- Review the complete list of application questions.
- Submit part one of your application during the initial application window: August 1 – September 5, 2022. Application Part 1 requires an organizational overview deck (in PDF format) that addresses the requested prompts. CASE will review up to the first 250 applications.
2022-2023 Selection Timeline
- July 11, 2022 at 11am EDT – Virtual Information Session. Watch the recording or view the slides.
- August 1 – Application Portal Opens.
- September 5 at 11:59 PM EDT – Application Part 1 deadline. There are no exceptions to this deadline. CASE will review up to the first 250 applications.
- September 6 – September 22 – Application Part 1 Review by Kirby Impact Prize Selection Committee, which is composed of CASE faculty, staff, and selected students.
- September 23 – Selected applicants invited to submit Part 2 of the application
- October 28 – Application Part 2 deadline.
- November 14 – Finalists notified.
- November 28 – December 9 – Finalists participate in virtual, 60-minute interviews with Selection Committee Members.
- January 25, 2023 – F. M. Kirby Impact Prize winner notified
- February 2022 (Date TBD) – F. M. Kirby Impact Prize winner publicly announced at the Fuqua Sustainable Business & Social Impact Conference
Frequently Asked Questions
Answers to Frequently Asked Questions for the 2022-23 selection process can be found here.
Preparing a Strong Application
- Watch the recording of our 2022 Virtual Information Session and download the presentation.
- Watch our short video to learn how to articulate your strategy to potential investors, including the Kirby Impact Prize Selection Committee.
- Learn more about what the Selection Committee is looking for through watching these previous information sessions: